Key Passage: “He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name.” Psalm 23:2 NLT
God is guiding us along paths of righteousness for the sake of His name; he is helping us live into the story He is writing.
REVIEW: We have a good guide.
- READ: Psalm 139:24 “Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”
- DISCUSS: What guide outside of Jesus is most tempting or familiar to you: fear, shame, comfort, culture, or other sources?
- DISCUSS: What does it look like for you to surrender to God’s guidance?
REVIEW: The guide will require something of me.
- READ: Mark 8:34 “Then, calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me.”
- DISCUSS: What kind of sacrifice has God been leading you into (or is leading you into currently)?
REVIEW: It’s about our role in God’s story.
- READ: 2 Corinthians 5:20 “So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, ‘Come back to God!’”
- DISCUSS: What steps can you take—or are you currently taking—to contribute more to God’s kingdom in your current season of life?
What else did you get out of the sermon this week? What actions or next steps can you take to apply it to your life?
Pray for a deeper understanding of God’s goodness, a greater courage to surrender and sacrifice for his kingdom, and a clearer purpose for our lives.