We can all share our faith with the people around us and accomplish our church’s mission together!
REVIEW: Invest in the people around you.
- READ: 1 Corinthians 9:19-21 “Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to Christ. When I was with the Jews, I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ. When I was with those who follow the Jewish law, I too lived under that law. Even though I am not subject to the law, I did this so I could bring to Christ those who are under the law. When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ.
- DISCUSS: Who can you begin to invest in today so that you might have an opportunity to share Jesus with them later on?
REVIEW: Invite those who are open to take another step.
- READ: John 1:36-37 “As Jesus walked by, John looked at him and declared, ‘Look! There is the Lamb of God!’ When John’s two disciples heard this, they followed Jesus.”
- DISCUSS: How have you noticed God working in your life recently? How could you share that with someone who is not following Jesus?
REVIEW: Include them in our community.
- READ: Matthew 28:19-20 “Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- DISCUSS: Are you involved in serving at church? If so, do you feel like you know how you could include a newcomer in that group? If not, how could you get involved?
What else did you get out of the sermon this week? What actions or next steps can you take to apply it to your life?
Pray for attentiveness to the people God has placed around us who need our investment and invitation, and the courage to initiate conversations and deepen relationships that need Jesus.