Key Passage: “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Psalm 23:6 NKJV
The Christian life is a transformational journey; the first step is understanding Jesus as Savior.
REVIEW: Hypocrisy causes many people to become stuck in the first stage of spiritual maturity.
- READ: Mark 7:6 “Jesus replied, ‘You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you, for he wrote, “These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.”’”
- DISCUSS: How has knowing that God loves you affected the way you live?
- DISCUSS: What is your biggest hurdle or challenge in being fully honest with people?
REVIEW: The only way we believe we are loved by God is when we experience being loved by a person.
- READ: John 13:34-35 “So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”
- DISCUSS: Is there anyone who has shown you unconditional love and forgiveness?
- DISCUSS: Do you know anyone who needs an unconditional friend right now? How can you take a step toward being that for him or her?
What else did you get from this week's sermon? What actions or next steps can you take to apply it to your life?
Pray for courage to be vulnerable with others, grace to grow out of our hypocrisy, and patience toward those who are learning to be loved by God.