Key Passage: “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” Psalm 23:6 NKJV
The Christian life is a transformational journey of becoming like Christ for the sake of others.
REVIEW: The second stage of this journey is knowing Jesus as king.
- READ: 1 Timothy 4:7 “…train yourselves to be godly.”
- DISCUSS: Do you have a daily plan for connecting with Jesus and letting him change you?
- DISCUSS: What is one example of a personal victory that Jesus has helped you win and a struggle you still need his help to fight?
REVIEW: The third stage of this journey is knowing Jesus as friend.
- READ: John 15:14-15 “You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn’t confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me.”
- DISCUSS: What stage of the journey do you think you are in currently (knowing Jesus as Savior, as King, or as Friend)?
- DISCUSS: Why do you think so few people actually reach a deep friendship with Jesus?
What else did you get from this week's sermon? What actions or next steps can you take to apply it to your life?
Pray for the humility to accept where we each are in our journey toward Christ, and the wisdom and faith to continue growing closer to him.