Jesus didn’t just save us from something; he saved us for something.
REVIEW: Jesus came to save us from being lost and condemned.
- READ: Luke 19:10 “For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.”
- DISCUSS: What are some specific hurts, habits, or beliefs that Jesus has saved you from?
REVIEW: Following Jesus will cost you something.
- READ: Luke 14:27-28 “And if you do not carry your own cross and follow me, you cannot be my disciple. But don’t begin until you count the cost…”
- DISCUSS: What challenges have you experienced as a result of following Jesus?
- DISCUSS: How have you seen Jesus’ salvation provide purpose and direction to your life? In other words, in what ways have you experienced being saved for something?
REVIEW: Following Jesus is being part of a family that’s on a mission to grow the family.
- READ: Ephesians 1:5 “God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.”
- DISCUSS: How is following Jesus affecting your current relationships, both inside and outside the church?
What else did you get from this week's sermon? What actions or next steps can you take to apply it to your life?
For an authentic and fresh experience with the saving grace of Jesus, the courage to accept the cost of following him, and a desire to build God’s family.