You cannot have the kingdom without the King!
REVIEW: Satan wants to tempt us into doubting God.
- READ: John 10:10 “The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.”
- DISCUSS: Are you currently in any situations or relationships that are difficult to trust God with?
- DISCUSS: Are there any promises, invitations, or commands in scripture that are difficult for you to believe in and follow right now?
REVIEW: God will let us choose independence.
- READ: 1 Timothy 1:19 “Cling to your faith in Christ, and keep your conscience clear. For some people have deliberately violated their consciences; as a result, their faith has been shipwrecked.”
- DISCUSS: How have you personally experienced living in independence, and what was the result?
REVIEW: If we want to go up the mountain, we have to let Jesus lead.
- READ: Psalm 24:4-5 “Who may climb the mountain of the Lord? Who may stand in his holy place? Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, who do not worship idols and never tell lies. They will receive the Lord’s blessing and have a right relationship with God their savior.”
- DISCUSS: How are you surrendering to Jesus and depending on him in this season of life?
What else did you get from this week's sermon? What actions or next steps can you take to apply it to your life?
For clear minds to see and understand where we are living independently and for the humility and faith to trust God in every situation.