Key Passage: “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies…” Psalm 23:5 NIV
God wants you to have a rich and meaningful life, but getting there is a journey.
REVIEW: There is danger in the table lands.
- READ: 1 Peter 5:8-9 “Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are.”
- DISCUSS: How well are you protecting your integrity and character? Are there any steps you need to take in order to keep your soul guarded?
- DISCUSS: Who are some people in your life that inspire your faith and desire for God? What are they doing to live that way?
REVIEW: The journey up the mountain is slow and messy.
- READ: Ephesians 4:1-3 “Lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.”
- DISCUSS: Do you feel like your current relationship with God is oriented more around performing for him, or connecting with him? How does that compare to other times in your life?
- DISCUSS: What are you doing to develop your spiritual maturity?
What else did you get out of the sermon this week? What actions or next steps can you take to apply it to your life?
Pray for honest hearts before God, a deeper desire for his presence, and a greater experience of his blessing.