REVIEW: God’s judgment is an expression of his love.
- READ: 2 Peter 3:13 “But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness.”
- DISCUSS: Do you feel you have been disciplined by God in a way that eventually caused you to love him more deeply?
- DISCUSS: What do you think is the difference between an open heart toward God, and a hard heart?
REVIEW: God’s eye is always on the righteous.
- READ: Revelation 21:3-4 “I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, ‘Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.’”
- DISCUSS: What are some examples of moments where it seemed God was uninvolved or distant, but in retrospect you can see his faithfulness?
- DISCUSS: What are some situations that feel difficult now, and how does reflecting on God’s faithfulness help you in the midst of that difficulty?
REVIEW: God keeps his promises.
- READ: Genesis 9:8-9 “Then God told Noah and his sons, ‘I hereby confirm my covenant with you and your descendants…’”
- DISCUSS: What are some scriptural promises that are encouraging to you in this specific season of life?
What else did you get from this week's sermon? What actions or next steps can you take to apply it to your life?
For the courage to trust God even when things don’t make sense and a deeper conviction that he is good and will keep his promises to his people.